After the exercises with the fonts it’s now time to concentrate on images. Do I have images? I have a photo archive which started to explode in size just in 2009. I always made pictures but I was not really aware of what I was doing. In 2009 I started seriously to take pictures. Bought a professional camera and did one workshop with Stephen Johnson in Dead Valley and FocusOnNature in Iceland. It is purely coincidence that I started to work with Processing in that same year too.
When you use strokeWeight (stepX / 16)… you get a black square that grows and shrinks in thickness. You also have the chance on an illegalArgumentException: negative width message.
Put ellipses on the cornerpoints. Used get to get the color at the mouse location to fill the ellipses. That did not work out well. So I removed the ellipses. Repeated the image once more but divided stepX and stepY by 2. And again divided it by 4.
Introduced a rotate and a translate. Just by coincidence it gave me unexpected things. Commented out the large images. Even more interesting. I only don’t know why the first image is so large of size. Ok. I know. Cleared the background in setup.
I have thrown out all interactivity. The image is now an animation but it delivers me more interesting imagery. I added a small stroke of 2 pixels to every arc. It has a transparency of 64. And that makes it stand out nice against the background. And done this it gives me endless possibilities to generate new variations. Reduced the frameRate to 1 because than you can see the individual changes better. Please be patient. The images come up after one or two seconds. And there is no interactivity. And that goes for all other animations after this one. They are not interactive.
Removed all stroke-related imagery. Used fill only. Weird enough the image keeps on filling until everything has been filled. And than it stops. While using stroke it keeps on making different images. It never stops. No! Oh… sorry, that is a mistake. I did not refresh the screen. When you use background it refreshes and keeps on changing. Replaced the background with a black dissolve screen.
Removed the ObjectSize variable. It seems to give not good enough results when I loaded the files that I made in 2012. Adjusting everything manually seems to work better and it is more work. But the result is better. And that is what counts for me. It loads after 3 or 4 seconds.
De rest of the sketches are all variations of the same program but with using different shapes.
Loads after 4 seconds.
Loads after 2 seconds.
Runs pretty fast. Maybe it has something to do with the frameRate. I made it higher in this version. I checked Processing.js page but there is not much more information about frameRate. It should work properly.
Starts with almost no delay.
Also starts with almost no delay.
And the last one is also fine.