This was our contribution. It has nothing to do with Processing. We used Apple Motion, Final Cut Pro, Logic and NewTek’s LightWave. There was no code involved,
So in addition to that I changed my original idea of maps into lost words. I first had to check how many characters I could display in 800 x 800 pixels. Beside of that I have to make sure that these small modules can be seen. From Part 1 of this exercise I know that I can display at least 8 characters. But I will first check that. I have chosen the word aquabib (water-drinker). Found this on ‘The Phrontistery’ website.
Boreism (behaviour of a boring person). Just to get the discussion going I have chosen these words because of their length and how interesting they looked to me.
Citharize (to play the harp). Here I joined the A and B modules. I used the random key function for a while but it did not give me the results I would like to have. Sometimes that might be better but in this case it was not.
Defedate (to pollute). Made the A and B modules 10 pixels. And introduced some color (cyan and red).
Ejurate (to renounce). Made an inverse blue version with module A and B.
Foppotee (simpleton). Added module C. A double line. Did not have to be very accurate because I am going to use it on a very small-scale.
Gelicide (a frost). Added modules D.
Did not like the character spacing. I decreased it because it gave me more space to make the type bigger. But it did not work out. So I increased it again. Hiulcity (an opening or cleft).
I think I have enough modules changed. I am now finishing the last lost word ‘ictuate’ which means to emphasize; to put metrical stress on. As in ‘She preferred free verse over carefully-ictuated classical poetic styles.’
And this was the last exercise in the ‘P.2 Shape’ chapter of the Generative Design book. I learned a lot of new things and was able to make different images. It has expanded my toolbox. Let’s see what ‘P.3 Type’ brings us.